Poems and Songs:
1. Living and non-living bears: Fold a piece of paper in half lengthwise. On one side of the paper, have the children cut and paste pictures of real bears. On the other side of the paper, have them cut and paste pictures of cartoon bears.
2. Bear Graph: At the end of the unit, have the children create a class graph of their favorite bears. Bear stickers or name labels could be used.
3. Student-Made Books: Have each child make and illustrate their own "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" books.
4. Class Book: Make a class book entitled "What We Learned About Bears." The teacher may take dictation and the children each illustrate their own page.
5. Make a bear footprint: Have the children trace a bear foot pattern on dark construction paper, cut out and glue on a light piece of construction paper, add claws and other details.
6. Bear KWL chart: what we know about bears, what we want to know about bears, what we learned about bears (done throughout the unit).
7. Lesson topic examples: